What are Stem Cells?
- Stem cells are undifferentiated cells, found throughout the body after embryonic development. They can make identical copies of themselves for long periods of time and multiply by cell division to replenish dying cells and regenerate damaged tissues for self-renewal and self-healing.
- The stem cell has unique ability to heal itself. Whenever a tissue is damaged, stem cell are activated to produce new cells that will regenerate the damaged tissues and revitalize the organ.
- The stem cells are mostly found in brain, spinal cord, blood vessel, bone marrow, peripheral blood, dental pulp, skeletal muscles, skin, digestive system, retina, pancreases and cornea.
Pranayama is not only breathing exercise or a means to increase prana in the body. It is a powerful method of creating yogic power in the body.
Pranayama creates extra heat in the body, it awakens some of the centres in the brain and it may also bring down the rate of respiration and alter the brain waves. Regular practice of Pranayama and breathing exercises will ensure proper oxygenation for all parts of the body and cure many diseases. Proper oxygenation helps in purifying the blood and removal of toxins and carbon dioxide from the kidney.
According to yogic theory there is intimate relation between the breath and the brain and their cyclic actives. When one nostril has the dominant air flow the opposite hemisphere of the brain is dominated. Forceful breathing through the more congested nostril awakens the less dominant hemisphere. The circuit of the brain is based on the Ida and Pingla nadis.
Within the spinal cord there is a very important fluid, the cerebrospinal fluid, through Pranayama practice awakening occurs in Mooladhar chakra the fluid gets excited.When the cerebrospinal fluid moves through the vertebral column, it alters the faces of consciousness.
The circuitry for the nadis and chakras exists within the central nervous system [CNS], along the spine and in the brain. If we are able to tap, purify strengthen and reconnect these circuits via the Pranayama techniques we can totally transform, our mind/body complex.
The total body/mind complex functions on the power of three basic energies Ida, Pingla and Sushumna. Whenever the Sushumna Nadi is activated, the specific brain cells immediately accelerate the production of stem cells.
- Pranayama is a powerful technique which activates the Ajna chakra or third eye chakra. The centralized focusing of prana appears to affect both Nadis simultaneously. Ajna chakra or Pineal gland acts as an organiser and controller of all glands.It controls the development of the gland and regulates them. It controls the proper flow of cerebro- spinal fluid and thus all the glands and body become revitalised, strong and healthy.
- Pranayama stimulates the brain to send the chemical signal to the stem cells located near the damaged/ diseased cells.
- The stem cells migrate to the dead/damaged cells and due to their ability of self-renewing they make new cells and revitalize the damaged cells.
Thus by Pranayama one can manipulate the stem cells into becoming new cells, and can accelerate health of that organ and revitalize the damaged cells to revere the sickness.
While scientists are still searching for the wonder techniques, theories and drugs to probe the deeper aspects of stem cells, Pranayama provides a concise and precise framework through the breath/nadis/chakra system by which we can effectively manipulate or stimulate the stem cells for optimal health and get rid from major diseases.
GEETA JHA [SPIRITUAL HEALER]
Source by Geeta Jha