When a client walks into a spa or salon all they see is the gleaming lights and tools of the trade. They are rarely, if ever, aware of all the little and big tasks that need to be completed to operate the parlour smoothly. A manager or an owner is cognizant of them, and there is no better way to improve the processes than investing in reliable spa software. Let’s take a look how they help.
The Advantages of a Salon Management Software
A robust salon software augments the efficiency of the business and therefore the profitability. For example, the booking process is automatic, more natural and quicker which enhances the experience of a customer and increases the chances of their returning. The software is also capable of automated follow up which again increases the probability of a patron staying loyal. All of this leads to more funds for the salon.
Another strategy to higher profitability is reports that are generated by the software. These reports are created automatically and allow tracking of the revenue created by the salon every week, month or year.
Besides fatter margins, the additional merits of a spa solution are:
- Time Management: the software can take and book appointments online which means when a phone rings during a treatment an employee doesn’t need to stop and take the call. There are no interruptions, no hassles and no time wasted on customer calls that seemingly never end. There is better management and saving of time.
- Double Bookings: A common error in spas is double booking. When an employee is given the complicated task of scheduling appointments, mistakes tend to happen. Thinking that one person can keep on their fingertips the schedule of every employee, bookings and offers by the salon is foolhardy. A software, on the other hand, is like a virtual assistant that stores ever data needed. Therefore, when a new appointment comes in it can offer better service to the client than a human.
With a billing system, there will never be overlapping scheduling that leads to a patron returning home disheartened.
- Always Available: With a generation that is continually on the move, the chances of a client booking a spa or parlour overnight are increasing. Spa software provides this service to your customer. When all employees are off-the-clock, the system can schedule any booking made during the night. It implies that when the phone rings, and there is no one to pick it up a patron doesn’t take their services to a competitor.
- Booking Reminder: For every salon, a no-show is loss of revenue, but it does happen because customers forget the time or read the date wrong. An excellent online booking software will send a reminder to a patron using the contact details on hand. The email or text message will reduce the number of no-shows. Moreover, since the process is automated, there is no requirement of allocating the task of reconfirming appointments to an employee.
- Social Media Integration: Social connectivity has changed consumer behaviour. Clients now like to book a parlour or salon right from where they are which can mean Instagram, Facebook or website. An advanced management solution has the ability to link social media pages to your booking software. It means a random viewer who likes a haircut photo on Facebook can book an appointment by simply clicking a button on the social networking site.
- Tech-savvy Patrons: A client of today is more likely to book a spa online. The chances they will pick up a phone and call are meagre. In addition, customers prefer parlours who have incorporated technology in their place of business. A billing software offers both these capabilities. They let patrons schedule appointment online and prove the utilisation of state-of-the-art-technology.
- More Savings: Every feature and benefit a salon system caters to saves either time or money because it does the chores that an employee would be doing otherwise. A typical example is automated payments that keep track of every service and sale made which means a person doesn’t need to tally the accounts. A good billing software may also come with inventory management that alerts you on low stock and helps decide on which items to reorder.
Similarly, with each season you can keep a track on what is selling and what is lying on shelves gathering dust. The data can be interpolated to understand which spa services are in demand and which rarely asked for, by clients. Thus, in the next cycle of purchasing, more informed and financially sound decisions can be made.
One can’t deny that appropriating a leading-edge technology such as a billing software is crucial to a spa, salon or parlour. They help manage the place better, give an edge over the competition and be up to date with modern demands of every client.
Source by Uma Nathan