Bladder Infections (aka Urinary Tract Infections) can affect you in many different stages of your life. UTI’s aren’t usually dangerous but they can be a real nuisance.
How do you know if you have an UTI?
The symptoms are usually straight forward and common:
- an urgent need to pee
- burning and stinging while peeing
- sometimes a lower belly ache, or lower back ache
What are the causes of bladder infections?
- Bacteria from the bowels that reach the urinary tract from wiping after going to the toilet.
- Hormonal changes like pregnancy or menopause.
- Having frequent sexual intercourse after long time of not having any at all, or basically just having more sex than usual.
Five Tips To Prevent UTI’s:
- Always wipe from front to back after going to the toilet
- When you need to go, then go. Don’t wait too long this can weaken the bladder and make it more susceptible to infection.
- Drink lots of water. Especially if you have an infection – water helps to flush out bacteria.
- Wear cotton panties. Cotton lets your skin breathe and can prevent bacteria build up.
- Avoid using use chemical feminine hygiene products. They are usually abrasive irritants and can destroy your body’s natural bacteria-fighting abilities.
How to Treat Your Bladder Infection?
Reflex points on your feet:
- kidney point, down the ureter to the bladder, bladder point, down the urethra, outwards.
- adrenal point to help your body fight infections.
What Else Can You Do?
Keep on drinking lots of water, drink unsweetened cranberry juice, increase your intake of Vitamin C.
As with lots of common illnesses and discomforts in life, UTI’s can be easily prevented if you keep these basics “rules”.
Reflexology is a powerful treatment and will bring about immediate relief. Expect to urinate frequently for the first 24 hours after receiving this treatment.
Source by Elyse Shaff