If you keep hearing a ringing, buzzing or humming sound in your ears for no apparent reason, you may be suffering from tinnitus. The irritating noise varies from a soft buzz to a full blown ring and can be persistent or intermittent. This condition is very real and to some even debilitating. Furthermore, at some level tinnitus contributes to hearing loss. The mainstream medical community has yet to agree on an accepted “cure” for tinnitus. As such, many turn to alternative treatments to find a remedy for their condition. One such alternative is homeopathic treatment for tinnitus.
The following are some homeopathic treatments that homeopathy practitioners use to treat tinnitus:
- Calcarea carbonica is usually prescribed for tinnitus patients accompanied with vertigo and hearing loss. In addition to that, patients are prone to fatigues, chills, anxiety attacks and crave for sweets.
- Carbo vegetabilis is usually prescribed to help patients who hear ringing sounds while having a cold or the flu. The symptoms may worsen at night and the patient may feel cold and have a need to seek fresh air.
- Cinchona officinalis is usually prescribed to help tinnitus patients who feel touchy, weak and have a low tolerance to noise and sounds. It is often given to those who have lost fluids due to diarrhea, vomiting, extreme sweating or surgery.
- Cimicifuga may benefit those who suffer from tinnitus with a high sensitivity to noise. The patient may also have pain and muscle tension in the neck and back. The patient is usually energetic when well, but turns depressed and anxious when not in good health.
- Graphites may be beneficial to tinnitus patients associated with deafness. The patient may hear hissing or clicking sounds with a tendency to have poor concentration, constipation and skin break outs.
Keep in mind that just like any other medication, it is important to see a proper homeopathic professional before taking on any homeopathic regimen. Proper dosage differs from person to person and an overdose of natural homeopathy medication can be just as dangerous as any mainstream chemical drugs.
Although alternative treatments, homeopathy included, have gained popularity and acceptance amongst us, it would be remiss not to remind you to see a doctor to make sure that there is no underlying physiological condition, a tumor for instance, causing the tinnitus condition before pursuing homeopathic treatment for tinnitus.
Source by Leilani Solomon